Jan Drahokoupil is senior researcher on multinational corporations. He also coordinates research on digitalization and the future of work. His broader expertise lies in political economy and development, particularly in the context of east European countries. He obtained his PhD in 2007 at the Central European University, Budapest. His book publications outside of ETUI include Transition economies: political economy in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia (with Martin Myant), Wiley-Blackwell, 2011, and Globalization and the state in Eastern Europe: The politics of foreign direct investment, Routledge, 2009.
English, German, Czech, passive Slovak and Polish
- Drahokoupil; J., Andrijasevic R., and Sacchetto D.: Flexible workforces and low profit margins: electronics assembly between Europe and China (2016)
- Galgóczi, B., Drahokoupil J. and Bernaciak M. : Foreign investment in eastern and southern Europe after 2008. Still a lever of growth? ETUI 2015
- Drahokoupil J, Myant M and Domonkos S (2015) The politics of flexibility: Employment practices in automotive multinationals in Central and Eastern Europe. European Journal of Industrial Relations, December 2015, published online before print 26 August 2014, doi: 10.1177/0959680114546437. Also available at SRRN.
- Drahokoupil J and Domonkos S (2014) Is the egg basket worth its price? The fiscal implications of pension privatization in Eastern Europe. In: Clemens B, Eich F, and Gupta S (eds), Equitable and sustainable pensions: Challenges and experience, Washington DC: International Monetary Fund, pp. 155–178. Also available at SSRN.
- ‘Transition economies after the crisis of 2008: Actors and policies’ (2013, co–edited with Martin Myant), special issue of Europe–Asia Studies, 65, 373-570.
- ‘Averting the funding–gap crisis: East European pension reforms after 2008’ (2012, with Stefan Domonkos), Global Social Policy, 12(3), 283-299. Also available at SSRN.
- ‘International integration, varieties of capitalism, and resilience to crisis in transition economies’ (2012, with Martin Myant), Europe–Asia Studies, 64(1), 1–33 (ISSN 0966–8136)
- Transition economies: Political economy in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia (2011, co–authored with Martin Myant), Hoboken, NJ: Wiley–Blackwell, ISBN 978–0–470–59619–7 (416 p.) [Reviews available at http://bit.ly/tranec.]
- Globalization and the state in Central and Eastern Europe: The politics of foreign direct investment (2008), London: Routledge, ISBN 978–0–415–59027–3 (paperback) 978–0–415–46603–5 (hardback) 978–0–203–89208–4 (electronic) (255 p.). [Reviews available at http://bit.ly/globcee.]
- Contradictions and limits of neoliberal European governance: From Lisbon to Lisbon (2008, co–edited with Bastiaan van Apeldoorn & Laura Horn), Basingstoke: Palgrave, ISBN 978–0230537095 (322 p.).
Download here Jan's complete CV