Wage development infographic
This visual presentation shows the development of wages in 28 countries of the European Union between 2000-2008 and 2009-2012.
How to use this infographic?
- When you open the file, you will get a map of all 28 EU Member States. If you hover your cursor over one of the countries, a box will pop up showing the AVERAGE ANNUAL real wage change in the crisis period 2009-2012.
- If you are interested in more detailed data on one particular country, you can open an info-sheet by clicking on that country. The info-sheet contains information on: THE AVERAGE ANNUAL CHANGE of real wages; wage share DEVELOPMENTS (both for the pre-crisis period 2000-2008 and the crisis period 2009-2012); and changes in real hourly minimum wages for 2010, 2011, and 2012. The info-sheet also contains information on real GDP growth, total and long-term unemployment, and the risk of poverty and social exclusion.
- By clicking on the white silhouette of the country, you can go back to the map of Europe to choose another country.
- If, however, you are interested in how a country fares compared to other countries, you can click on the white writing of the various indicators in order to open a graph with the comparative information for all 28 EU Member States.
- To close the comparative graph, click on the red icon in the bottom left corner of the graph.
- For those users who prefer short cuts, all the country-specific info-sheets and the comparative graphs for all 28 Member States are included as slides on the right hand side in alphabetical order.