- Position :
Senior Researcher/Assistant to the General Director
- Telephone :
+32 (0)2 224 04 76
- Email : email@example.com
Christophe is a journalist and former contributor to ‘La Presse’ (Montreal, Canada) in Brussels on European political issues, as well as working freelance for a number of Belgian newspapers and magazines. He worked for twelve years as editor in chief of the trade union analysis and debate publication ‘Démocratie’.
He has a series of published works to his name, including the ‘Dictionnaire de l’Union européenne’ (Editions Larcier, 4th edition, 2011), and ‘Comprendre l’Europe sociale’ (Ed. Couleur Savoir). He is managing editor of ‘Social developments in the European Union’, published every year since 1999 by the European Trade Union Institute (ETUI) and the European Social Observatory (OSE). He has also published scientific articles in research journals, including in Transfer, The European Review of Labour and Research, and in Global Social Policy, and has been involved in several projects researching European social issues, some of which have led to publications (i.e. The European Sectoral Social Dialogue, Editions PIE-Peter Lang). He coordinated the report ‘Dialogue social européen: Bilan et perspectives’ produced by the European Social Observatory for the European Trade Union Confederation in January 2011.
Areas of activity
Main publications or courses
- Degryse, C. (dir.) (2010), Bilan social de l’Union européenne 2009, ETUI, Observatoire social européen, Brussels
- Degryse, C. (2010), " The Sustainable Development Strategy: adaptation or transition?", in Benchmarking Working Europe 2010, ETUI, Brussels
- Degryse, C. (2009) “ What’s in the Sustainable Development Strategy for workers”, in Benchmarking Working Europe 2009, ETUI, Brussels
- Degryse, C. et Pochet P., (2009) “ Changer de paradigme : la justice sociale comme prérequis au développement durable”, Working Paper 2009.02, ETUI, Brussels
- Degryse, C. (2009) " Agenda social : retour de la “hard law”, in Bilan social de l’Union européenne 2008, (sous la dir. de Degryse Ch.), Éd. de l' ETUI, Brussels
- Degryse, C. (2011) Dictionnaire de l’Union européenne (4é édition), Éditions Larcier, Dictionnaires juridiques, Brussels