- To use specific trade union vocabulary;
- To access a trade union glossary;
- To develop communication skills on reviewing grammar skills;
- To exchange information and views in English on current issues with other trade unionists;
- To express oneself in writing on current trade union issues in Europe;
- To put into practice acquired language competences through assignments.
Trade unionists from ETUC-affiliated organizations with an intermediate level of English.
Before filling the enrolment form, interested participants are warmly recommended to take 15 minutes and assess their level online here.
Covering the intermediate level of English, the course offers various types of activities for participants to take part in:
1) Reading texts, audio files and videos on a wide range of trade union-related topics;
2) Quizzes testing participants’ understanding of key vocabulary and grammar;
3) Forums where participants can share opinions and experiences with other learners;
4) Oral and written assignments, for which participants receive personal feedback from the course tutor.
An online tutor will support participants during the course.
The course involves about 36 hours of work and is free of charge.
A maximum of 300 participants can be accepted. The final confirmation of the participants will be done by ETUI bearing in mind the requirements for the target group. Selection of participants follows the criteria “first come, first served”.
The individual expression of interests must be done before 19 April 2020 by filling an online form available from your national contact (see above) or from the ETUI Education officer or ETUI administrative assistant (see above).
Once the 300 available places are filled, registrations will be closed. Given the high numbers of requests, this can happen before the deadline.