Follow us on Twitter #EduDays20_21 @etui.org
Accreditation of an education or training provider: the process of quality assurance through which accredited status is granted to an education or training provider, showing it has been approved by the relevant legislative or professional authorities by having met predetermined standards.
Certification of learning outcomes: the process of issuing a certificate, diploma or title formally attesting that a set of learning outcomes (knowledge, know-how, skills and/or competences) acquired by an individual have been assessed and validated by a competent body against a predefined standard. Certification may validate the outcome of learning acquired in formal, non-formal or informal settings.
Validation of learning outcomes: the confirmation by a competent body that learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and/or competences) acquired by an individual in a formal, non-formal or informal setting have been assessed against predefined criteria and are compliant with requirements of a validation standard. Validation typically leads to certification.
And all of the training organized by the Education department → ETUI Training
Welcome by Vera dos Santos Costa, Director of the Education Department, ETUI
Opening speech by Luca Visentini, General Secretary, ETUC
European frameworks and instruments on validation of competences
- Ernesto Villalba-Garcia, Expert on validation of non-formal and informal learning, CEDEFOP
Quality assurance, validation of online learning and the need of digital credentials in large international organisations'
- Tom Wambeke, Chief of Learning Innovation, ITCILO
- Eiman Elmasry, Quality Assurance Officer, ITCILO
The national system of accreditation in Malta, and the accreditation process at GWU Unilang training centre
- Josef Bugeja, General Secretary GWU
- James Calleja, Principal and CEO, MCAST, Malta
- Pauline Fenech, Head of School - Director of studies at UNILANG training centre
Moderator: Cyprian Szyszka, Education Officer, ETUI
The ETUC position on the European Skills Agenda and future skills strategies
- Ludovic Voet, ETUC Confederal Secretary
Presentation of the results of 2 ETUI surveys
- Mapping TU’s online learning, Fondazione Di Vittorio - Pasquale Pignatale, Trainer and researcher, Fondazione di Vittorio
- Mapping TU’s Accreditation and Validation processes - Lionel Fulton, Director, Labour Research Department
Comments: Mariannick Le Bris & Colin Nolan, ETUI Eurotrainers network
Eurotrainers learning pathway and accreditation system, an EU level system of validation and accreditation
- Gabriela Portela, L&D coordinator, ETUI
- Marie-Christine Vermelle, Lecturer, University of Lille, France
- Lucie Petit, Lecturer, University of Lille, France
Moderator: Franklin Kimbimbi, Education Officer, ETUI
Conclusions by Philippe Pochet, General Director ETUI
Closing remarks by Vera dos Santos Costa, Director of the Education Department, ETUI