Recordings & presentations:
Current and future changes in climate and weather extremes - J.P. van Ypersele, Climatologist, Former IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) presentation
Environmental, social and economic impacts of climate change in Europe - Hans-Martin Füssel, Expert - Climate change vulnerability and adaptation, EEA presentation
ETUC recommendations for a worker’s friendly adaptation strategy - Félix Mailleux, Advisor, ETUC presentation
EU policies and measures to adapt to climate change or mitigate its impacts - Willem Jan Goossen, Policy Officer DG Climate Action, Adaptation Unit, EU Commission presentation
Consequences of climate change and/or climate policies on selected sectors: energy, transport, industry and agriculture - Béla Galgóczi, ETUI presentation
Consequences of climate change and/or climate policies on selected sectors: energy, transport, industry and agriculture - Arnd Spahn, EFFAT. German, and English subtitles
On August 9th, the International Panel on Climate Change released its 6th Assessment Report on the physical science basis of climate change. According to the climate scientist Zeke Hausfather, this new report «provides an unprecedented degree of clarity about the future of our planet, and the need to reduce – and ultimately eliminate – our emissions of greenhouse gases».
In light of the IPCC 6th Assessment Report, this webinar will help you better assess the socio-ecological impacts caused by climate change and discuss how the EU is adapting and mitigating these impacts. Ultimately, this webinar will be the occasion to reflect on socio-ecological challenges and opportunities caused by climate change.
- To showcase the most recent scientific evidence on climate change.
- To identify the social, environmental, and economic impacts of climate change.
- To present the EU policies and measures to adapt to climate change or mitigate its impacts
- To analyze the consequences of climate change (and/or climate change policies) on selected sectors: energy, agriculture, transport...
- Trade union officers and representatives interested in the topic
- ETUI and ETUC internal staff
The programme is available here.
Do not hesitate to contact either Franklin Kimbimbi or Carine Boon should you have further questions.