In the frame of its Action Plan for achieving a renewed Social Contract for Europe, the ETUC is campaigning for a fair and sustainable European agenda for migration.
It is essential to develop a strategy to change the perceptions of migrants to achieve this objective. The aim of this training session is four-fold:
- Analysing and identifying the causes and consequences of international migration
- Analysing and identifying biased narratives about migrants and international migration
- Developing an inclusive narrative about migrants and international migration
- Formulating policies and actions to change perceptions of migrants and international migration
At the end of this training session, participants will be able to:
- Raise awareness of existing bias in the public discourse on migration and migrants
- Use tools to offer another perspective on migrants and international migration
- Use facts or data to produce an inclusive narrative on migrants and international migration
- Generate proposals for a strategy for your union to change perceptions on migrants and international migration
- Trade union leaders from sectors or companies affected by migration
- Trade unionists in charge of democracy, racism, migration, or far-right issues
English, Polish and Romanian. Other languages can be catered for if more than 5 participants request it.
Please see here.
Individual expressions of interest can be made through national contact persons (see the list here).
Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the education officer or administrative assistant running the course (see the information panel to the right for their names, which will lead you to a contact form).