This is a communication course in English for participants wanting to make a difference in the way environmental issues are dealt with in their organization or company. The course will cover the main factors that contribute to climate change and focus on how specific pressure groups (Trade unions and EWCs) can initiate and implement ways to curb the damage. Specific language tools will be presented and used in interactive communication activities relating to the topic. The main goal of this training is to reflect on the subject matter from the EWC perspective and gather appropriate English-language vocabulary to start making an impact.
Aims of the training
- Look at the role of EWC reps regarding the issue of the environment, in the light of the current legislative developments at EU level
- Gather information about the factors that affect the environment from the companies
- Exchange best practices on ways to monitor and impact environmental change as EWC
- Develop an action plan with measures to improve EWC position protecting the environment
- Acquire the vocabulary and expressions related to environmental issues
- Non-financial reporting and corporate sustainability reporting directives
- COP27: results & reactions
- Environmental issues & sustainability in Europe today
- Comparative analysis of national initiatives/incentives
- The European Green Deal & EN-Roads
- Specialized vocabulary & expressions
- Use of language: structures and functions
- EN ‘green matters’ vocabulary practice
- Understanding the topic, & expressing opinions
- Comparing, analysing & representing your position
- Presenting, Debating & Negotiating
- Developing arguments to defend a cause
Participants are requested to have a minimum B1 level in English (intermediate) to attend the course. So as to ensure a sufficient level of English in the group, a 10-minute telephone call will be organized with each participant prior to the course.
Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the education officer or administrative assistant running the course (see the information panel to the right for their names, which will lead you to a contact form).