Climate change and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are mutually dependent: climate change poses a risk to economic development, and on the other hand, a successful low-carbon transition depends on social, economic, and environmental development.
This training will analyse the interrelation between climate change and SDGs, focusing on SDG- 8 (decent work and economic growth) and SDG-10 (reduced inequalities).
- To raise commitment in favour of SDGs (in particular SDG-8/ SDG-10) and their relationship with climate change
- To identify measures trade unions can take to promote and implement SDGs at every level (national, European, and global level)
- To mainstream SDG-8 and SDG-10 in social dialogue and collective bargaining
- To analyse and use trade union’s tools that measure and promote sustainability at the workplace and union level
English and Italian, additional language(s) may be added based on the demand.
The programme is available here.
- Trade union officers and representatives who are responsible for environmental issues, energy, climate change, and sustainability.
- Trade unionists are involved in collective bargaining and social dialogue.
- Trade union representatives at the company and sectoral levels are involved in environmental policies.