Getting involved in projects helps unions in Europe achieve their objectives. In times of economic restraint project funding can make an important contribution to allowing unions to address important strategic objectives.
But the benefits are not just financial. Project management skills can also lead to more effective and efficient achievement of trade union work more generally – and in planning, communication, teamwork and task delivery.
This online training activity, at its 2nd edition, involves about 21 hours of work. An online tutor will support participants during the training.
The course, based on the ETUI solid experience in project management training, includes different types of activities that participants should take part in, including:
- reading and watching to find out more about the course topics;
- reflecting on, analysing and describing your own experience in relevant areas;
- sharing opinions and experiences with fellow learners;
- critically reviewing information, including formal documents and informal comments;
- raising questions for discussion and responses in a webinar towards the end of the course
Having completed this course, participants will be able to:
- draft a project outline relevant to a union organisation or workplace setting;
- prepare a detailed schedule and budget for a trade union project;
- apply tools and techniques for the effective management of a project;
- identify potential problems or solutions;
- know how to evaluate a trade union project;
- devise appropriate strategies for dissemination of a trade union project.
A maximum of 50 participants can be accepted. The final confirmation of the participants will be done by ETUI bearing in mind the requirements for the target group, and the “first come, first served” rule. The target group for this training are trade unionists from ETUC affiliated Organizations with already a basic knowledge and/or experience of project management. An intermediate level of English knowledge is required.
The participation to this course is free of charge.