At its 6th edition, this online course involves about 36 hours of work. Online tutors will support participants during the training course.
The course covers the intermediate level of English. It offers different types of activities that participants should take part in, including:
- reading texts, audio files and videos on a wide range of trade union related topics;
- quizzes which test participant’s understanding of key vocabulary and grammar;
- forums where participants can share opinions and experiences with other learners;
- speaking and writing assignments to which participants receive personal feedback from the course tutors.
There will be also the possibility to attend a webinar with the course tutors facilitating discussion and interaction within participants.
More information about the course is presented in the video available here
The following aims have been set:
- use specific vocabulary of trade unions;
- access to a trade union glossary;
- develop communication skills on reviewing grammar skills;
- exchange information and views in English about current key issues with other trade unionists;
- express oneself in writing on current trade union issues in Europe;
- put into practice acquired linguistic competences through assignments.
A maximum of 300 participants can be accepted. The final confirmation of the participants will be done by ETUI bearing in mind the requirements for the target group, and the “first come, first served” rule. The target group are trade unionists from ETUC affiliated Organizations with an intermediate level of English. Before filling the enrolment form, interested participants are warmly recommended to take 15 minutes and assess online here their level.
Individual expressions of interests can be made through national contact persons (see the list here). The ETUI Education team is available for clarification and support, please contact Ilaria Costantini and/or Sylviane Mathy. The participation to this course is free of charge.