During this training course, participants will have the opportunity to better understand the EU Institutions, their decision-making processes, and the role trade unions can play to influence them to improve the impact of the trade union agenda at the European level, i.e. using campaigns and mobilisations, the EU institutions, employers and the social dialogue, allies in civil society, the Tripartite Social Summit, and EU external relations.
The course will take place over 6 weeks in a blended format (online via Moodle and face-to-face).
At the end of this course, participants will be able:
- To identify the role and responsibilities of EU institutions;
- To recognise the EU policy-making process;
- To understand the EU trade union structures and the way they work;
- To analyse the impact of TU action at the European level;
- To develop lobbying and advocacy skills and strategies to influence the decision-making process.
English, French, German
Trade union officers from the ETUC-affiliated organisations interested in EU-related issues, new officers at the international departments, ETUC advocacy groups or permanent committees, and ETUF sectorial groups.
Week 1 > Week 5:
19/09 - 21/10
You will be able to access the online course and activities via the ETUI training platform. During this period, you will cover the basics on the European institutions, the worker representation systems in the various EU countries, and the ETUC, its mission, structures and the role of its governing bodies, as well as the EU ordinary legislative procedure.
- This first part of the course is self-paced: learners will choose when to attend it.
- Online tutors will support participants during the training.
- This training activity, hosted on Moodle, is provided in English.
- 4-5 hours/week for 5 weeks.
- For the success of this training, it is crucial to get a commitment from your organisation that you will be allowed to work on the course during your working hours.
- The online course will be available in English.
Week 6: Face-to-face training course
26/10 - 28/10 in Brussels
The programme for the face-to-face course is available here.
Individual expressions of interest must be made through national contact persons (see the list here: https://www.etui.org/listing/affiliate)
Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Carine Boon firstname.lastname@example.org or Paula Mejía González email@example.com