We are living in a climate emergency which is hurting workers and their livelihoods – especially in sectors like energy, transport and agriculture. In this context, what can we – as trade unionists and citizens – do to build sustainable jobs? At the Education Department of the ETUI, we decided to develop training programmes courses around climate change and sustainable development based on an original approach. We call this approach our green competence framework. Thanks to this approach, trade unionists will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values for a just transition that protects workers and their livelihoods.
Objectives: this webinar aims to share trade union’s projects or initiatives on green competences gained at the European, national or sectoral levels. More precisely, during this webinar, you’ll discover how our green competence framework approach has produced concrete trade union initiatives and projects that benefit workers and their livelihoods.
- Trade Union representatives at a company and sectoral levels dealing with sustainability, climate change, environmental and greening policies;
- Trade Unions representatives at company and sectoral levels interested in environmental issues.
If you want to know more about our approach, please check our video trailer:
Cosmo Colonna (Head of the Environment and Sustainable Development Department - Italian Confederation of Trade Unions ,CISL – in cooperation with Fondazione Ezio Tarantelli, CISL) : «Green Economy and Industrial Relations »
Ioannis Gkoutzamanis (Energy & Climate Change Policy Officer - General Confederation of Greek Workers, GSEE) « How to build alliances and capacity for environmental awareness ? »
Véronique Thirifays (RISE Coordinator for the Confederation of Christian Trade Unions of Belgium, CSC) How to make workers' representatives aware of environmental issues? RISE: an inter-union environmental education network with more than 20 years’ experience in the Walloon Region of Belgium.
Serena Rugiero (Coordinator of the Research Area “Energy, Innovation and Development, Fondazione di Vittorio, Italian General Confederation of Labour, CGIL) «Broad»: Building a Green Social Dialogue at European Level
- Cosmo Colonna IT.pptx - FR.pptx - EN.pptx - EL.pptx
- Franklin Kimbimbi IT.pptx - FR.pptx - EN.pptx - EL.pptx
- Ioannis Gkoutzamanis IT.pptx - FR.pptx - EN.pdf
- Serena_Rugiero_IT.pptx - FR.pptx - EN.pptx - EL.pptx
- Veronique_Thirifays_green_competences_EL.pdf - EN.pdf - IT.pdf - FR.pdf